SeanMonster's First Reef Tank (90g)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why not start with mushrooms? Cheaper to get your tank ready with those rather than the sometimes temperamental euphillia family members

Jlsardina said:
Why not start with mushrooms? Cheaper to get your tank ready with those rather than the sometimes temperamental euphillia family members

I probably will. Since this is my first foray into a reef, I am actually taking a lot of advice from my lfs. They are really good. I have actually seen them turn away or redirect potential customers to prevent them from making the wrong purchase. While money is always a concern, I'm more concerned with not killing anything.

Well the mushrooms are very hardy compared to the euphillia. You could also start with leathers or zoas as well. All of these could practically make it through a nuclear bomb. Lol

Well, started buying coral today. Purchased a Sweet Hammer, Candy Coral, Purple Mushroom. Also picked up 3 Bar Gobies. Shrooms haven't really opened much. Candy and Hammer are just about there. Took some pictures.

Flreefer said:
Really nice Candy Canes Sean! Like the shrooms too! :)

Thanks. I was like a kid in a candy store tonight. :) Ever see a Hammer with a sweeper appendage? Looked awhile ago and it had a protrusion about 3x bigger than the rest. Now it's back to normal.

redsea said:
Congrats on your new additions! I hope they all do well for you!

Thank you. The Shrooms hadn't fully opened by the time the light went off. Hope they will open tomorrow.

SeanMonster said:
Thanks. I was like a kid in a candy store tonight. :) Ever see a Hammer with a sweeper appendage? Looked awhile ago and it had a protrusion about 3x bigger than the rest. Now it's back to normal.

Yes, Hammers will stretch out a tentacle or two as sweepers.

You definitely have a decent LFS, those are all really nice pieces! It's sometimes hard to come by nice sized pieces like that, everyone seems to want to chop them up into 10 little tiny frags.
Nice stuff Sean, good luck with them! :)

Flreefer said:
You definitely have a decent LFS, those are all really nice pieces! It's sometimes hard to come by nice sized pieces like that, everyone seems to want to chop them up into 10 little tiny frags.
Nice stuff Sean, good luck with them! :)

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom