Setting up 80gal fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smithcinema

Aquarium Advice Activist
I I'm setting up a 24x24x31 high 80 gal with overflow fowlr tank confused on filtration have a gfo reactor a carbon reactor and a uv waiting on stand to be finished so I can order a wet dry !! Want to get the biggest one I can fit in the 24in stand .. And i purchesed eheim 1260 pump for sump also purchased a fluvial g6 .. Will add a skimmer 2 ... Do u think I am making a smart move with the fluval g6 I figure the tank is so high the fluval will filter the water from the bottom not just skimming the surface !! More filtration the better ??? Or should I return the g6 and get a power head ?? I don't want to create to much turbulence for fish I know it's good for coral but the fish always look disturbed fighting the strong currents 24/7 !! I just dont feel the wet dry is enough for a 80gal tank they don't do mechanical filtration enough figure the g6 will help out !! Thanks for any replies been out of hobby 4 fifteen years lots of new equipment out now

Premium live rock with good color last time I had a tank I had a mix of fish this time I want all calm fish !! Clowns, golby,yellow tang, shrimp , crabs, star fish nothing aggressive !! I would maybe like to add a mushroom or too and some feather dusters if possible .. I ordered a real good light so lighting is not a problem !! The only thing is the tank is a center piece in my room only the back is out of view so I could not add power heads on the sides 4 flow like I see everyone is doing these days !! So I hope the wet dry with the eheim 1260 and the fluval g6 would be sufficient !!

And if any one has a recommendation on a wet dry to buy it would help thanks !! I know a lot of reef people have a ref sump but all the stores I go to say wetdry for a fowlr set up !! Need a easy setup I work long hours and travel for a week at a time at least 2 times a year some sumps with the liverock look easy due to the filter sock but will it be enough for my tank

I would definitely looks at some of the Gobies! One of my favorites is the Yellow Watchman Goby. Unfortunately Yellow Tangs need a tank of at least 125 gallons. :(

Back
Top Bottom