Sexy shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

minkin

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have 1 cleaner shrimp and 1 peppermint shrimp.

Would I be able to add some sexy shrimp to my 30g fowlr??

You could try but you might need to remove one of your shrimp you have right now. Most people advise only one cleaner species per tank. The sexy shrimp lives in or around anemones so I'm not to worried about it.

What will the sexy shrimp do? Do they have a specific role like a cleaner shrimp cleans the fish for example. Or are they just good to look at but not actually do anything?

I keep a pair of coral banded shrimp with a scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp in my 37g
they all get along fine , they seem to just stay to there sides of the rocks I also have 3 peppermints of different sizes they just go about doing there thing
not sure on sexy's though since there a lot smaller in size

Sexy shrimp do much better with a coral to host another name for them is anemone shrimp. They will host and feed a little off of the corals mucus membrane and food it catches

Will they still be able to survive in my tank as I don't have any corals or anemones?

P.S 100th post!! Woo!

Will they still be able to survive in my tank as I don't have any corals or anemones?

P.S 100th post!! Woo!

Don't know if they need them to survive but they will be happier with something to hang out around

They would be alot happier with corals, though its not necessary to keep them. They also prefer buddies 2

Back
Top Bottom