Shrimp gobies with shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lisamweston

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Do any of you have these paired in your tank? I have been looking into them but wondered how practical it would be, don't want to get critters that will not thrive. 220 gallon tank, inverts and just a few fish and cleaner shrimp right now. Thanks

I used to and they were tiny! I feel they'd get lost in that size tank lol

It all about luck! If they find a nice cozy home at the front of the tank like mine then there great and a real kick to watch but if they go to the back you will never see them. Here is mine pare

Attachments

• image-1215830776.jpg
    image-1215830776.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 83
I have read its a hit or miss but I personally have had that shrimp pair with a hifin golby tell he jumped out and now he's paired with the yellow prawn golby and I had a larger shrimp pair with a bar golby

I have a pink spotted shrimp goby and a tiger pistol shrimp I believe it is and they have never met in the 3+ years they have been in the same tanks. Some pistols will hook up with specific gobies so be sure to get the pair that have a better chance of matching up.

I have a pink spotted shrimp goby and a tiger pistol shrimp I believe it is and they have never met in the 3+ years they have been in the same tanks. Some pistols will hook up with specific gobies so be sure to get the pair that have a better chance of matching up.

Plus one ^

Back
Top Bottom