Sick Sleeper Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clownfish25

Aquarium Advice Activist
We have a Yellow Head Sleeper Goby that is breathing rapidly, and has a concaved stomach he seems to not be eating...we are going to be doing a big water change in the morning because our nitrate levels are btw 20-40ppm (which is pretty high for a goby right??). He doesn't have any spots on him and his fins look normal. He is also kinda jittery and keeps his mouth open while he swims. Any advice?

Kinda worried Thanks!

How big is your tank? It sounds like it isn't getting enough to eat, they are sand sifters so feeding them like you do other fish doesn't really work, the food has to get to the sand so it can eat it unless you are lucky and it eats from the water column. Can you see anything stuck in his mouth?

joy13 said:
How big is your tank? It sounds like it isn't getting enough to eat, they are sand sifters so feeding them like you do other fish doesn't really work, the food has to get to the sand so it can eat it unless you are lucky and it eats from the water column. Can you see anything stuck in his mouth?

Unfortunitly he passed away. But now my Clownfish has a sunken belly. I have been feeding more. I hope it's not an internal parasite what do you think? :(

joy13 said:

My tank is a 38 gallon with 2 clown a skunk shrimp and a peppermint shrimp

Back
Top Bottom