Sick yellow tail damsels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevbrew

Aquarium Advice Regular
Dnt think my damsels are well my salinity is good imnt sure on the other readings as will find out tomoz. Its bout twowk old tank and was tld tht u can hav damsels in as they r hard and wud help the cycle. They r moving but nt a lot and seem to b breathing heavy.

are they pale blue and swimming at the bottom?... damsels are hardy but aren't guaranteed to survive a cycling tank..

As suggested change 25% water. Test the water and see what the levels are but I would bet ammonia and nitrite levels will be spiking now. Feed just 2 or three times a week fairly small amounts. keep lights off as this will help reduce stress to them. Whats ur temp at in the tank?

No, while it's a well meaning idea the stress of another move to an already suffering fish will likely kill it anyway. Do you own a test kit? They really are a must if you are serious about keeping saltwater fish. Change 25% and then in a couple of days test again and maybe do another change. u say your salinity is good, how are you testing it and what do you call good? lol

Iv just been to my local fish shop where i gt fish frm. They hav checked water and all levels r fine they think its circulation so gettin a circ pump plus put the internal filter pole tht pumps out water, out of the tank to break the surface water to get more oxygen in.

ok mate, yeah actually my next question was gonna be circulation and filter. hopefully all will work itself out mate, good luck! Any probs and the ppl on here are good for help!

Back
Top Bottom