silver scat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peterj

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone. I have a brackish water tank with a large 6-7 inch silver scat. I'm starting a new saltwater tank. 105 gallons. Double the size I have now I read that silver scats can be kept in saltwater also. I haven't seen much on the acclimation process through. What would be the best way to do this. I'm not going to keep both tanks. The 50 gallon must come down when the 105 goes up. I really love this fish and want to keep him.

If I was going to do this I would do it with Avery very slow drip acclimatisation like 3 4 hours maybe as longer will do more good than harm I'd say

I don't know. I was thinking it would have to be way longer than that. I think I would haft to two tanks going at once and slowly bring up the salinity in the brackish tank. I see plenty of articles on line saying its easy. But nowhere do I see how to go about this. I can't have both tanks going at once. No room for it.

Yeah I mean the longer you are happy to acclimate for the better with regards to bringing salinity up on the tank you could do this but it would have to be a very slow process again

Back
Top Bottom