six line wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks, i hope he eats alright. he hid the 1st couple of days but is out and about now. :) lfs store said he was eating frozen. i put some in yesterday and i think he got some, but not sure. i have formula one soaked in garlic. liveaquaria says to get live sw feeder shrimp to entice eating. any suggestions?

Just make sure you have some sort of top to keep him from jumping out. I lost mine because of that! :( He looks good though. Mine ate just about everything I dropped into the tank.

I just got a six-line also and am very happy with him so far. The first day he didn't eat at all and I was afraid I would have to do the live shrimp thing also. By the next day he was eating frozen food just fine. Just needed some time to settle in. He also had to reach an "understanding" with my neon dottyback hehe. They seem to be friends now. He didn't take a bit of my dottyback's crap. Tough little fish.

I just bought a Six-line yesterday! They are a very cool little fish.

NTswift - I didn't think the Six-Lines were jumpers ... now I'm worried becuase I just got my new lights and am running top-less right now. I definitely don't want to lose this little guy!

ok I have read a few articles now and none of them mention the Six-Line being a jumper. There are other Wrasse that are known to jump, but the Six-line is not one of them.

Let's pray that when I get home she is still cruisin my tank!

its feeding day today so hopefully he eats, i think he will. the first time he was still hiding a bit, now that hes out i think he will. its good to know that they arent picky, thanks! yay!

ntswift said:
Just make sure you have some sort of top to keep him from jumping out.

i second this. i have heard alot about how 6 lines are known to be carpet surfers... IMO its better to be safe than sorry, i recently put a egg crate to cover my tank, although i dont have a wrasse but if i ever get one, i will be ready... Good luck!!

well I have the egg crate cut and ready, but I just love the open top .... there is no better view of a coral than from top down!!!

Maybe I'll just be safe and throw it on there!

Thanks

Yeah, I didnt read anything about them being carpet surfers either. I'm just letting you know from experience. I would highly recommend a top for you tank. I know what you mean about viewing corals from top but its better to be safe then sorry! Good luck!-

well i fed the other day and he didnt eat...he hid as i was feeding, but i didnt see him for about a day, so i looked in the lr, i found him mangled. i dont know what happened to him , all i found was a mangled body (body was like ooozz) and a skeloton. the shrimp were goin nuts. i know i have a crab in there, i guess i need to get him out because i lost a clown a couple of months back. :( :(....... now my nitrites are up (.25). ammonia at 0, nirtrate at 40... am working on getting enough saltwater made to do water changes.......:( :( im very upset, poor guy im not sure what happened.......

Back
Top Bottom