Six line wrasse compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HappyHooligan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 90g FOWLER w/ a tang, clown and chromis. Some cleaner shrimp, blood shrimp, and the usual assortment of CUC.
Will a six line fit in okay?
Some charts say caution with the chromis, some profiles say they are peaceful as long as they are fed and have plenty of LR.
Any thoughts?

That will be fine, there might just be a little agression. I have a sixline, a chromis and a black false perc in my 23.8G with no troubles at all now. Just a little agression earlier. Now that the Sixline is the boss everyone's happy. :D

take mine

I am currently watching my sixline wrasse murder my two true perculas. it's pretty violent and if i could catch the little SOB i'd gladly send him to anyone that wants an a-hole fish. (y)

I have a six-line wrasse with a royal gramma, clown (percula), and chromis.
There is a cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp, and a bunch of other inverts in there. I haven't had any issues with these fish. When a hada damsel in there with them, that was different story. These guys will steal food from each other at times, but no nipping or anything like that.

Six lines are kind of hit or miss as far as aggression. I`ve really heard some horror stories but I also know a few that have some pretty good behavior out of them.

Mine is a model citizen. He's an interesting guy to watch nad is currently intrigued by my new clam. Probably hoping for some of the snails that prey clams - they eat those. :)

I have a a 6-line wrasse with 2 clownfish, sunrise dottyback, royal gamma basset, yellow tang, blue tang, and 4 blue green chromis's. She is a model citizen until the dottyback chases her then she goes after the dottyback. besides that she is very peaceful in my tank.

Mine has his days...Mine is kept with two clowns and a strawbery baslet. He spends most his time inspecting the tank, but sometimes starts fights with the others. Turning the lights off usually calms him down. That, or he gets his tail bit off and goes off to hide. :p

Matt

I am currently watching my sixline wrasse murder my two true perculas. it's pretty violent and if i could catch the little SOB i'd gladly send him to anyone that wants an a-hole fish. (y)
please tell me you caught him. and ill take him. hahaha

Quick question to you six line owners. Are these fish jumpers ?? I only have glass brackets on the end of my tank (to support lighting) and the middle is open. Would these guys jump out ?? Thanks in advance

Yes they are known to carpet surf. Mine has never even looked twice at the top of the tank though. Best to be safe and cover it though. :)

Ditto. Mine just swims in and out of the live rock all day. Doesn't even do to the top to feed.

Back
Top Bottom