Sixline Wrasse or Coral Beauty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LobsterParty000

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi! Im new to this forum and i reef keeping but i do have quite a bit of knowledge from research and the time to pick fish is now. So i ask: Coral Beauty? or Sixline Wrasse? For a beginner anyway. I plan to get lots of soft corals and peaceful nano fish like Gobies and clowns, any thought on this subject helps. :thanks:

What size tank? I would not go smaller than 75g for any dwarf angel and angels can go after corals. (Even coral beauties ). Six lines can be model citizens or can be aggressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey thanks man, i was thinking about a 38g innovative marine with one or the other as kind of a centerpiece fish.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Dwarf angels really do better in larger tanks. Minimum I 'd even think of is 55g and 75g is better. They like room and can be territorial, so smaller tanks can lead to territory issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a coral beauty in my 55 reef. I'd never put one in a reef tank of mine again. Went postal on a coral and clam. A 6 line is a much better choice if you aren't planning on keeping dusters.

Alriggt dude i trust your knowledge, how about the wrasses eating habbits?

I've read that they should be fed vitamin enriched mysis or brine shrimp.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I had a coral beauty and a flame angel and the were perfect citizens for 4 years and they then proceeded to wreck my reef. I lost two corals and damaged several more. I had to bite the bullet and tear my tank apart to get them out. IME its not if they will but when will they. Saying that I would not put a dwarf angel in a reef. Go with the 6 line.

Dude that sucks that must have been hard for you. I think the wrasse is a better choise now

i have both coral beauty and flame angel in my reef both never touch coral , i have more issues with my maroon clowns killing corals anything they host is dead in a week
my 6 line was once a mellow fish now he is one of the terrors of the tank its like he just snapped
all in all everyone finds different faults about all fish
just remember no 2 fish are a like it's more a roll of the dice

Yeah i still think ill stay with a sixline but i might decide otherwise later, i love maroons but they can be really aggresive.

Good to hear they are great fish

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Aquarium Advice Mobile App

I have both. I put them in a few weeks apart but they are partners in crime. They like to pester the other fish sometimes but they never pick at my corals.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom