Skimmer ques.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellowyellow

Aquarium Advice Freak
Need advice re: buying a protein skimmer. I'm finding a hazy film forming on top of the water in my 50 gal. saltwater tank. I have a water mover in the tank pointing up and it clears most of the film except for one small pocket at the other end of the tank.

Is there a good protein skimmer that you are willing to recommend that hangs on the back of the tank. My tank is in my living room and I don't want to hook a skimmer up to a sump. Please let me know asap. Thanks.

skimmer ques.

Thanks Austin's dad. I just ordered on-line a SeaClone 100. The reviews looked good and Drs. Foster & Smith are a reliable place to buy fish supplies. It's a hob that looks pretty easy to install. Thanks again.

Oh, If you could return it prior to them shipping it, then do so. Very bad reviews on them and they are known to leak also. Don't go based on the reviews from the website, but from web forums where people have had it for many years.

Go for one of the three that Carey recommended. The Reef Octopus has a really nice surface skimmer which would get rid of the skim at the top of the surface, in conjunction with your powerhead.

I've got one of the SeaClones on my 30g. When it works it does really well but it doesn't work a lot of the time and the pump takes up a lot of space in the tank.

Also when cleaning it you have to take the whole thing off the tank. The plastic tube thata goes from the pump to the bottom of the skimmer is real easy to pop off and then you end up with SW from the skimmer all over the floor.
Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom