Small damsels an pair of clown fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

borlaracing9

Aquarium Advice Regular
I placed 2 very small damsels into my tank and am plaining on adding my 2 clown fish by the weekend when they are out of quarintine. Just Want to make sure there won't be any problems with fighting or anything.
Thanks guys!

2 striped damsels were my 1st fishes. A few weeks later I added two ocellerus clowns, which are less aggressive than the percula clown.

I have not had any problems with the damsels bothering the clowns or vice versa. Although the damsels do chase eachother all over the tank.

good to hear! I was nervous i may have to get rid of the damsels.. Would a black ocellaris clown get along with a regular ocellaris clown or would they not pair well?

I have never seen a black ocellerus clown. Percula yes but not ocellerus. Where did you find it?

If you can find a tank raised ocellerus clown, they would get along with other species of tank raised clowns. The wild caught percula clown will be more aggressive toward it own species.

A regular and black ocellaris would probably be fine. Pairs of ocellaris and percs have even worked in rare occasions, although obviously not natural. Since they're both ocellaris, though, it should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom