Snow Flake Eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Spence

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Thinking of getting a Snowflake, I have two damsel fish and a Watchman Goby in 55 gal will pose a threat to the other tank mates

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The goby won't last. Snowflakes will eat anything that can fit in their mouthes. Depending on the size of the damsels, they'll be gone tooz

You may be ok. Snowflakes are a unique moray that feeds more on crustaceans than fish. If you keep it well fed with meaty crustacean food like krill and shrimp it might work. Don't be surprised if you do lose a fish or 2 though, they're still eels

I can tell when my snowflake is hungry due to it coming out and swimming around, chasing my clowns a little bit, and also it attacks my power head( don't know why) but my clowns can fit in its mouth I looked for signs of it being hungry I feed my snowflake jumbo shrimp from Walmart and he/she goes crazy just seal your tank as they jump a lot.

How big are your clowns? How big is your eel? I don't think he will eat your clowns you should be good.

I just got a tiger snake eel about a week ago and he won't eat I'm going to put mysis shrimp in a syringe and feed him that way.

They're like 1-2inches long but they're too big for him to eat he still chases them though... I have a ton of mysis shrimp in my tank I just found them about a month ago they're everywhere

Unless the tank is big enough to house larger fish like triggers or lionfish I advise keeping snowflake eels in a species tank.

I have a snowflake in my community tank, gets along fine.. Maybe it's because he's tiny? Or maybe it's because he's so well fed? I feed mines every 2-3 frozen krill and he seems okay.. Here's a picture.. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395106676.244237.jpg

Back
Top Bottom