snowflake eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

87espinoza

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm curious on any info about snowflake weld like what you free them how often and what varities of food you feed them. I currently feed mine silver sides every other day and it seems happy with hat I feed it three small sized silver sides. Is that to much to little any info would help thank you

I would suggest adding some scallops and shrimps also to the diet...since eels can develop goiters from poor diet...also watch your nitrates since you are feeding your eel so often it is also pooping a lot :p...most eel owners feed their eels once or twice a week...the amount of food you feed an eel all depends on the age of the eel...for instance my zebra eel is 5 years old now and only gets 1 meal a week, but when he was younger he ate a meal every other day...

if you want to feed it live food as a treat i would suggest ghost shrimps or black mollies...DO NOT feed it goldfish

Ok thank you I'm eventually going to try and make it to once a week with it I jhad just read that when they are small they will eat more and as they get older I should feed them once or twice a week.but no where in my research have I read how much. So I will try the foods u have suggested thank you and I will never feed my fish goldfish learned that early on lol but again thank you I will use the info

i feed my zebra eel one tiger shrimp or two scallops a week...so one tiger shrimp would be about 2 silver siders...you should start feeding your eel once a week when he is over a year old...

And were could I buy tiger shrimp . I have fed my gsp shrimp from the store and they like them would I do the same with scallops just go to my local fish market?

you can buy frozen tiger shrimp and scallops from any food store (i would suggest frozen since you don't have to worry about bacteria)...i soak my eels food in selcon and garlic guard...if your eel does not like the taste you can also buy FUEL made by aquavitro to add some vitamins to the water once a week...after my eel was about 2ft i reduce his feeding too every 4 days two tiger shrimps/or scallops

Back
Top Bottom