Snowflake eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nu-Nu the eel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone i was wondering if it is possible to put a full size snowflake eel in a 40 gallon breeder if i had alot of rock. I would want to put alot of rock in there so he feels comfortable. It would be a fowler of course. What other fish Could go in that tank? Thanks everyone.

This is just a senario, it might not even happen, i was just curious. Thankss

From everything that I read about them, as my LFS had one and I just had to know more, is that when it comes to other tank mates they need to be bigger than the eel's mouth or it will end up vanishing. I also read that if you keep the eel well fed he should not pray on other tank mates...but I think we all see where that is going...

Sniperhank said:
From everything that I read about them, as my LFS had one and I just had to know more, is that when it comes to other tank mates they need to be bigger than the eel's mouth or it will end up vanishing. I also read that if you keep the eel well fed he should not pray on other tank mates...but I think we all see where that is going...

Ya i dont plan on adding nano fish. Haha What fish would be good tank mates?? An angler maybe?

Also, do you think the tank would be big enough

Hahahaha cool i like anglers. So maybe a snowflake eel, angler, and a fuzzy dwarf lion or a small puffer? Would that be too much?

Ya! Haha i would like a fowler because i already have the reef. And reef is so much harder, i dont want to have to maintain two reef tanks. That would be expensive to feed those 3 fish..,,

Back
Top Bottom