Snowflake Eel companions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a snowflake eel in my 150g with a niger trigger, honeycomb grouper, bird wrasse, naso tang, and a yellow tang. You could maybe try a small trigger like a huma huma or something like that. Maybe a tomini tang. Not sure but I dont think they get big at all. Pretty much anything that can fit into that tank and not fit into the eels mouth is fine.

It will also (always) depend on water changes. A snowflake alone is a significant bioload that requires a lot of big meaty foods (which turn into nitrate). Add another big meat lover and the problems gets worse.

Exactly. As long as it can fit into the tank with water levels good and NOT the eels mouth you should be good:)

I think the puffer or a pair of big maroons (even one,,mines a mean SOB) would work,,but no trigger really belongs in a 55 IMO

Idk about a puffer though, I heard they may actually pick at the eel, which is not so good. Maybe a fu Manchu lion fish?

slitherbomb said:
Idk about a puffer though, I heard they may actually pick at the eel, which is not so good. Maybe a fu Manchu lion fish?

The eel is more dangerous than the puffer. I have 2 snowflake eel with 4 spotted puffer and the eels rules!!

Fluval 405
Two power head aquaclear 70 with polyfilter, UV 3 H per day, 5'X2'X1.5'H custum tank. 4 T5HO 55 watts, brackwater, 1.01 to 1.013.

I will add soon some algae from st-laurent river, Qc, Can near gaspe.

Back
Top Bottom