Snowflake Moray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RandyRhoads

Aquarium Advice Regular
My snowflake moray is always hiding way up inside my 8 pound live rock. The only time I see him is when I dangle a piece of silverside his head pops out for a brief second. I thought he was just lodged so far in because it was a new tank and he would get used to it and come out more. I see people swimming to the top to eat on youtube. Is this normal to never see him? Is it better so he can feel more secure? Should I break up my 8 pound chunk of live rock and stack it more to make it more like a cave instead of something he can squirm tightly way up into?

No matter how you arrange your rock, he will spend most of his time under and/or behind it. It's just how they are. Now, you can arrange the rocks in such a way that he can feel secure while still being somewhat visible.
Also, make him work for the food! Come up with some sort of signal that indicates it is feeding time, and little by little, make him come out farther and farther to get his meal.

Back
Top Bottom