Snowflake moray eel??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RyanBenson

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Would a snowflake moray eel be compatible with the list below?

Scissor tail dart fish *
Ocellaris Clownfish
Black ocellaris clownfish
Six line wrasse
Starry lawnmower blenny
Clown goby-citrinis
Zebra barred dart-fish *

I have a 55 gallon right now but I plan on upgrading to a 75 in the near future, possibly bigger if I get a recommendation from someone! The fish with the "*" next to them are the fish I already have in the tank.

I would stay away from it. Can definitely see it eating a few of those. I had one before and mine was a nightmare. Every time I went to do a water change it would try to bite my hand. Also was nipping at all of my fish and taking chunks out of their fins. Worst thing is they are sloppy eaters, and a lot of maintenance due to that.

I would stay away from it. Can definitely see it eating a few of those. I had one before and mine was a nightmare. Every time I went to do a water change it would try to bite my hand. Also was nipping at all of my fish and taking chunks out of their fins. Worst thing is they are sloppy eaters, and a lot of maintenance due to that.
ah ok, thank you!!

I like these eels as well, but didn't want one munching on my current livestock. Look into an engineer goby. Very similar look and burrow/hide like an eel as well. Only warning is to make sure your rockwork is secure. Nothing worse than a fish digging under a rock, causing a collapse, killing a fish...or worse breaking the tank.

I like these eels as well, but didn't want one munching on my current livestock. Look into an engineer goby. Very similar look and burrow/hide like an eel as well. Only warning is to make sure your rockwork is secure. Nothing worse than a fish digging under a rock, causing a collapse, killing a fish...or worse breaking the tank.
I agree on the engineer. Much easier to deal with than the moray.

Attachments

• image-380084383.jpg
    image-380084383.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 139
+1. none of those fish would stand a chance
I agree on the engineer. Much easier to deal with than the moray.
awesome! Thanks for the replies guys! And for the rock fixture note, at the moment non of them are stacked. The only problem I could see is 1 rock is leaning again another causing a cave. I could see that one falling. The other 2 have a wide base, sitting flat on the sand, and aren't leaning on anything!

So would it be a possibility to have this stock

Scissor tail dart fish*
Ocellaris Clown fish*
Black ocellaris clowfish*
Six line wrasse
Starry lawnmower blenny
Zebra barred dart-fish*
Engineer goby

In a my 55 right now??

I put the ocellaris in today. The store still didn't have the citron goby I requested 2 weeks ago so I decided to remove it from my list and went ahead and bought the clowns!

Thanx for the warning!! The fish store guy said ”No worries.” It wont touch your fish”.....got 3 Clowns,and alot of nice Damsels....

I never had any problems with my snowflake...they are like people though and each individual will act differently to some degree...most have pretty crappy eyesight and will try to bite not because it wants to hurt you but more like it was thinking it is getting fed ...mine made a burrow under one of my large 30-40 lb live rocks and would take live and frozen food off of a acrylic feeding rod...was really fun to watch eat but was a incredibly messy eater

Back
Top Bottom