Spiny sea urchins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trena

Aquarium Advice Activist
What kind of tank cleaner can i add to my 110 predator tank? I understand that they eat invertebrates. I have a df puffer, a humu rectangle trigger, a scopas tang, and 2 angelfish

Triggers eat sea urchins. Puffers eat hard shelled crustaceans. I think the only feasible tank cleaner is you.

X Does that include the long spine urchin also? I thought they could protect themselves in predator tanks. I may need to rethink my future plans for my future predator tank.

I would still try to keep some hermits in the tank so your puffer can eat them and keep his beak trimmed.

Yep those are good to feed them as well. I make sure my puffer gets a few clams during the week as well as crayfish and hermits are always available.

so what about the long spiny sea urchins as he asked? it seems like those would stick the puffer if he tried to eat them.

I don't really know too much about urchins sorry. If you think he will stick the puffer then it's not a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom