Starfish placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Serafin

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys what's the best way to free a starfish from the side of the glass, so that I can place him somewhere safer/lower when doing water changes etc.

I have a chocolate chip and he stays mostly on the glass. I have found that I can remove him very carefully by just pulling slightly and he releases. I find mine likes being on the glass and no matter where I place him, he always comes back to almost the same place. He likes the flow of water in a certain spot / When I do water changes, I have to be fast cause he comes back like a boomerang

Mine also stays on the glass pretty much at all times. I just gently pull him off the glass and place him at the bottom of the tank. Later that day he is back on the glass.

Must be a cc thing then because mine are the same way. Every now and again they will venture for the live rock but not offten.

I also have a few chocolate chips. They're all over the tank. Recently I've had to remove my juvenile from eating my zoas. Thinking I might return them all. Suggestions...

But back to topic anyone know a good way to free them up as mine likes to hang on for dear life when I try to relocate at the bottom of the tank for pwc?

Back
Top Bottom