still cant get my maroon clown to eat need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have had this golden maroon clown for probally 3 weeks now and ive seen it eat three times, i dont understand how hes still alive unless hes eating when im not looking but ive tried mysis shrimp,flake food, and this frozen pellet food called cyclops has alot of essiential stuff in it. but still wont take it! does anyone have another food source that i could maybe get him on im all out of ideas

This might sound a little strange but what is your ammonia, nitrates and SG? I am wondering if there is something wrong with your water that is stressing it out so it isn't eating.

Nope my water params are perfect my other fish swim and feed just fine I already ruled that out as an option that's why I'm stumped

If u were wondering tho
SG- .23
Ph- 8.0
Nitrate-5.0
Nitrite-0
Ammonia-0

how big is he. any more agressive fish i have that wont eat i always try black molly fry... just to get them eating would not use it as a staple

I hope you mean 1.023 I have never had a fish that didn't eat something usually they are little beggars within a week. If it is wild caught you might have a problem to get it to eat prepared foods. If you have real live rock and sand it might be picking at pods and things like that.

Obv I meant 1023 lol and he's pretty big like 4 inches the only thing I can think of is I had a snowflake eel and it took a bite out of one of his fins so obv that eel isn't in my tank anymore but that incident happend like a week ago I didn't know if that would actually have him spooked still to this day I guess its a possibility tho

Back
Top Bottom