Stock suggestions for 180

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dmann

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a foxface in there right now. And a couple damsels. What kind of predators would you do?

Nice wrasse. Maybe a trigger, puffer, and of course not predators but there is something very regal to me about some of the prettier tangs. Or a sweet angel always rocks.

I'd lose the damsels based on a zillion stories of how they cause problems.

I'd get a Blue Throat Trigger ( maybe a pair?)...a Harlequin Tusk...some kind of large Angel...a Flame Hawk...some kind of wrasse...maybe some Anthias and a Tang. Maybe a Heniocus Butterfly?

What kind of trouble do the damsels cause? Just curious!! Tell me some stories?

Damsels tend to be nasty little fish and almost always become aggressive to tank mates. Hang out on these forums long enough and you'll see all sorts of stories of people wanting to get rid of them. They are tough to catch too (especially in a 180g.

Why scratch the list?

You wanted predators. A lot of my list angels, anthias, butterfly, etc are not predators. That list is actually what I plan to do with my future tank. Hoping to upgrade my 75g to a 180...maybe even 300g later this year if money permits.

I like most of your list. I don't have much in there right now so it should be somewhat easy to get them. I'll use a pool skimmer lol. Jk

I want a
Picasso trigger
A harlequin tusk
An angel
Porcupine puffer
A yellow tang
A hippo tang
Maybe a wrasse
I'm not sure what a fire fish ill have to look at those and anthias

I woulld also lose the damsals I had three in my 20 gal tank one three stripe and 2 yellow tail blue damsals, anyways the 2 blue ones were vary territorial and like be dicks to everyone. I ended up haveing to take out all the LR and take them out cause they were teaming up on my new 6 line, and now the 3 stripe is older he's getting more agressive and territorial so I thinks he's next to go.

You know, I'm wondering if that's why my foxface is stressed out all the time while the lights are off? I wonder if the damsels are bullying him? I have 2 yellow tail blue and 2 -3 stripe.

You think?

You know, I'm wondering if that's why my foxface is stressed out all the time while the lights are off? I wonder if the damsels are bullying him? I have 2 yellow tail blue and 2 -3 stripe.

You think?

Sure they're not helping any.

Look fish up on places like liveaquaria.com or bluezooaquatics.com. Lots of good info on fish, tank size recommendations, compatibility, etc.

Yeah I'm I those sites all the time, just looking around. Was just looking for all of you guys life experience and knowledge.

If you wanted to do wrasse and predators a dragon wrasse really has that look but they are not reef safe as they get bigger they will eat your inverts and they also move corals around looking for critters to eat

Ill look into those, I don't plan on doing reef so it might work. I ordered a porcupine puffer. So now I'm stocked a porcupine puffer and a foxface. And four damsels which I will be to removing

I have in the tank

1 foxface
1 porcupine puffer

Decided on....

Blue ribbon eel
Bamboo cat shark

Thinking about....

An angel
A tang
A wrasse

Everything sounds good, but the Blue Ribbon Eel is extremely difficult. I would not buy one unless I had seen it eat at a LFS. Getting them to eat is very difficult. Read up on them if you have not already.

Everything sounds good, but the Blue Ribbon Eel is extremely difficult. I would not buy one unless I had seen it eat at a LFS. Getting them to eat is very difficult. Read up on them if you have not already.

Yeah I've been doing some reading . The LFS that said they will pick one up for me told me that they will get it at get it eating for me before I take it home. But it will be a little while before I add it. I have to get some more rock first. I'm going to put some PVC in under the substrate while I don't have a ton of rock in it.

With a tank that size I would go with the coral cat shark. Bamboo will get big fast and out grow that rank. A full grown coral is thinner and can get through right spaces better. I'd u get a shark do not add angels they will pick him to death and watch the puffer that could be rough as well. Tangs are fine but if you add any of the aggressive wrasse add them last. They are very territorial. My lunar harasses everything in the tank and I am about to get rid of him.

Back
Top Bottom