stocking for a new 30 gal upright

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRain5

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
a guy my dad knows is giving me his old 30 sw tank it was custom made some where in New Orleans.it's a 30 gal upright with a 20 gal base It has bio ball filtration as well as a preteen skimmer, pumps, uv lights and some other filtration on it. it all seems a bit much for a 30 gal to me, but i'm not complaining. he's also giving me the left overs from his other two sw tanks that are no more(pumps and stuff) and a 5 gal bucket of salt o_O

any way here's my question I have a nasty lil female clown that wont accept another clown, a unknown small species of translucent goby and a yellow clown goby in a (temporarily overstocked) 10 gal(just the clown and goby for a year. Got the clown goby the other day for the new tank)
i am putting them in to the 30 when I get it cycled I was wondering what other fish I could keep with them because I don't really want another goby that sits around allot.

1. a fire fish
2. one of those lil purple fish
3. one of those lil purple/yellow fish
4. some kind of damsil maybe a blue

any of these fish work? any other suggestions? or can I keep a pair of any of the afore mentioned fish i think a pair of those purple/yellow fish would look nice.

Well your fish descriptions arnt helping much :?
but im asuming by the "purple and yellow fish" its a royal gramma, and "lill purple fish" maybe a purple psuedo, and the "damsel of sorts" maybe a blue devil or yellow tailed damsel?

yea yellow tail, gramma and psuedo I couldn't remember what they were called heh

Iagree, damsels tend to become aggressive. You might get away with adding one in as the last fish. What about a clown fish?

I have a clown and she is mean she lost her mate (jumped out). she was all nice befre he died now she even bites me. I got a young clown so it could be male and she killed it she seems ok with other fish just not clowns so clowns are out.

I'm kina leaning twords a fire fish or gramma at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom