Stocking predator fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atticus1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So, im starting a 90 saltwater tank and am looking for suggestions.

currently I am planning on

dwarf fuzzy lionfish
snowflake eel
dragon wrasse

i've been looking for a good fourth fish, preferably something with a lot of vibrant color, as my current list is kind of visually drab

How about a foxface? They are herbivores, not predators, but they should be fine.

I was just thinking predator
and was looking at a sight that had barracuda's $59.
till I saw they get up to 2ft

Hmmm... i looked at it. It seems like it acts essentialy like a tang, swimming around the tank and occasionally picking at rocks. Something about them just strikes me as kinda boring. thanks for the input though! EDIT: i'm talking about the foxface

The foxface I had was the most energetic and interesting fish to watch in my tank.

maybe, How vulnerable is it if i were to put in when it was younger?

Vulnerable? As in to other fish? Not very, they have poisoned spines that protect them.

Hmm. maybe then.

Ok, so maybe i will get the foxface, but i'm also planning on a snowflake eel, and it seems like those are some vicious little suckers... :ermm:

Depending on the size of the eel and lion, the Colored Anglers are a good predatory fish as well. Just keep in mind that they do not like to hunt for their for, they like having their food come to them. You could also go for another type of Lion such as a Radiata ( red bars with white fins). This will add some color to the tank as well as some action during feeding time.

Back
Top Bottom