Stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jay179

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 75 gallon fowlr salt water aquarium. I recently sold back my huma and lunare wrasse(messy eaters, high nitrates) do to size constraints and green hair algae problems. I added coral beauty and a coral banded shrimp. Right now I have a coral beauty, yellow strip damsel, maroon clownfish, pink spotted goby and the coral banded shrimp in my tank. What else could I add to my tank or is my tank already overstocked? I am looking for more algae eaters(especially green hair algae). I also have a question on iodine in regards to my coral banded shrimp,should I purchase the iodine supplements from the lfs? Thanks

don't add any iodine to the tank. everything you need to keep fish, inverts, and corals is in your salt mix.
it's hit or miss trying different alleged hair algae eaters. one that might work for a friend, might not work for you.
i don't think you are overstocked, but the maroon and the coral beauty can be territorial. sometimes it's better to add them last. they may not accept a new addition with open....fins.
since you don't keep photosynthetic creatures in the tank you have no need for a lighting schedule. i would turn the lights on minimally, and keep doing water changes to remove nutrients while i kept the feeding very light. you will starve the hair algae out in no time.

Thanks for the info

My maroon clown is actually not that agressive. I just added a mexican turbo snail. I would like to eventually add a baby foxface. Thanks again for your response. I also do 15 gallon water changes weekly.

Back
Top Bottom