striped damsel = the devil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbie reefer

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Against my better judgment, I introduced this spawn of satan as a break in fish. Now he is the terror everyone said he would be. The problem is this guy is the carl lewis of speedy fish. I can't catch him! Any suggestions of removing him without having to pull all my rock. Any replys would be appreciated.

I had this problem catching a trigger fish. i began to feed him and when he was distracted i got him.

i would just keep at it, he should get exhausted before you did. ive also heard of people literally fishing in their own tanks with very small hooks.

and if you have a bit of patience you can train him to eat from your fish net and then when he comes to eat just pull him out

12 years! ! Wow. That's a long time. Thanks for the input. Anyone ever made a trap with a 2 liter bottle?

We did it with a 20 oz to get an Angelicus loach out of our freshwater planted tank. It worked pretty quickly.

I've never used a 2 liter to make a trap but i have used traps before and had a lot of success with them. It just takes a little patience. My LFS has a fish trap that you could rent for a couple dollars a day. I would ask around and see if any of your LFS will offer the same.

When you set the trap put some food in the back and let the fish get comfortable with the trap being in the tank for about 2 hours. You don't have to watch to closely because they most likely will not go in yet. Then get a little more food and make sure you make a trail from the back of the trap to the opening and a little bit just outside the trap. I find the fish are just not quite smart enough to figure out how to get in the traps unless you lead them into it will a trail of bread crumbs.

the 2L traps work great for damsel .. just take the pop bottle cut it where the neck cone stops and the bottle goes to its max size,flip that piece inward and put a piece of shrimp in it.. you will catch the wrong fish a couple times but you will catch that thing

the 2L traps work great for damsel .. just take the pop bottle cut it where the neck cone stops and the bottle goes to its max size,flip that piece inward and put a piece of shrimp in it.. you will catch the wrong fish a couple times but you will catch that thing

This^

Seen this trick work MANY times. Works on anything that can fit through the bottle really.

I think I'll give it a try when I get home this weekend. Will let you know the results.

Back
Top Bottom