Sudden behavior change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have two clowns one easily bigger than the other(I heard its the female). The bigger one, when I first got them, was the more aggressive one when the small one would run and hide. Suddenly, the smaller one is now more aggressive than the bigger one ever was. Also my bigger one swims as fast as it can at the top of my tank and it makes this weird current that forms to its body why does it do this? And why did they change behaviors?

Yes, the larger one turns into the female. Clowns will change their behavior when they pair up.

But why'd they suddenly change behaviors they like swapped bodies or something they're both the same size as when I bought them

But aren females more aggressive than males I'm pretty sure I read that on a website somewhere

If the larger one isn't fully female yet, then they could just be fighting to be the female. The most aggressive and largest one usually changes.

I should've mentioned earlier they're not aggressive to each other only to my ring (which is sterling sliver) it started as the big one would attack and now the small one attacks it I'm not sure why though

I should've mentioned earlier they're not aggressive to each other only to my ring (which is sterling sliver) it started as the big one would attack and now the small one attacks it I'm not sure why though

then take the ring off.

Blah -_- that's not the point haha it's why did they switch personalities that's what I don't understand

Blah -_- that's not the point haha it's why did they switch personalities that's what I don't understand

They didn't "switch personalities"

I've explained the behavior and aggressiveness to you already. Whether or not you accept that advice is up to you. ;)

If you want, I could come up with some creative answer that you might like better. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom