Tang compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccantlin

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have my LFS bringing in a small Blonde Naso and I was wondering what other tangs I could add. They will be in a 220g with barely any coral, but I would like to add some down the road. What are some tangs I could consider? Pictures would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

A good rule of thumb is that you don't want to combine tangs that have a similar body style.
For example, when I upgrade my system eventually I will be wanting a powder brown, purple, and the tomini that I already have.
Check out liveaquaria.com to look them over. You'll see how several tangs will look similar to each other and get a good feel for it. If you're unsure, just ask :)

Here is my three tangs in a 125 gallon tank. They practically school together even though they are not a schooling fish.

6218-albums6891-picture31662.jpg

Here is my three tangs in a 125 gallon tank. They practically school together even though they are not a schooling fish.

6218-albums6891-picture31662.jpg

I have always loved those Tangs, Mike! Did you initially have an issue with the Yellow and Scopas and they worked it out? Or did they always get along? From what I remember, you introduced them all at the same time which likely helped! Thanks for your time.

I added my Purple Tang after my Blonde Naso and it took a few hours for the Purple to relax. The Blonde did not care about the new addition at all beyond being annoyed that it was chasing her around. The Purple Is now king of the tank, but all my fish kinda hang out together most of the time. In a 120g, you should be able to have multiples, but the different look/body is the way to go.

I have decided on a blonde naso and an Atlantic blue tang
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439403451.801517.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439403496.623204.jpg
What else could fit in with them?

Back
Top Bottom