Tang help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i,m not one t play into the tank size, i have 5 tangs in a 60 going on ten yrs, and there doing great, dont buy into the size they could get, i have asked the local shops and at shows if they ever seen one that reached there potential size and other than display tanks all pretty much said no. after 10 yrs mine have hard
ly even grew from the size when bought..just trying to get an education on them, they say not from same family is good, but got my fair share of no's...yet some breeds have same first name, and diffent last names, all very confusing...probaby anywhere from 80-120 gallons, and buying in the 1 1/2 inch size range. if a can keep a scopas, then next question would be,,,can i keep a sailfin, powder blue, hippo, scopas and a flame fin tang together tho any suggestions are cool too...sorry i rambled...thnxs

In general tangs with similar body shapes are more likely to be aggressive towards each other. Also fish tend to be aggressive with other fish that eat the same foods as they do. 5 tangs in a 60 (guessing cube) is a lot with not a lot of territory. How big are your current tangs and which ones do you have? Also not having a fish grow in that long isn’t normal, just throwing that out there

6218-albums6891-picture31662.jpg

This is a pic of my tangs. They are in a 125 gallon tank. This is a 6 foot tank. IME Tangs need plenty of length in their swimming area. They are swimmers and need that space. Mine swim back and forth and take advantage of the length.

Back
Top Bottom