Tangs in a FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyCatsDrool

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am a huge fan of wrasses and tangs. I am still relatively new to SW (only 3 tanks deep now ;-)) and have never really done fully FO or FOWLR, only small (10-55gal) reefs.

I am actually contemplating it right now.

So, back to tangs.

I want, very badly, three different tang species:

Achilles
Blonde Naso
Powder Brown

Also, I'd like some wrasses.

Red Coris Wrasse
Red Margin Fairy Wrasse

And possibly

French Angelfish
Imperator Angelfish

And maybe a school of anthias.

I am thinking a pretty large tank...somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 gallons. FO or FOWLR.

Questions:

1) are these fish socially compatible given a large enough tank?
2) Is 200 gallons large enough for these fish? How many of them? What combination?
3) Are these fish happy FO or FOWLR? Or do they need a reef?

Any other comments/suggestions appreciated. This is still in the contemplating stage.

I'm not sure about the naso but I do know that the Powder brown is happier in a reef setting. It is one of the smaller tangs only getting to 8". The Naso and Achilles are larger tangs and need at leas 125 or better. I think that a 200g tank should be able to handle a couple of each, though I would reconsider the Powder Brown as they do like the reef setting. At least that is what I have read repeatedly about it. I have one myself and it seems very happy in my reef. A beautiful fish IMO!!!! I don't know much about the wrasses as I don't have any at all and haven't read much about them. The anthias will love the large tank! I love those fish so beautiful!!! HTH

I believe those fish would do OK in your tank but be told that those three are suseptible to ick and should be QT first to make sure. If you are looking for tangs that dont get ick quite as easy you`ll need to maybe get a yellow or kole tang. Not much on wrasses so I cant help on that. As far as the anthias I have 4 and I love them. Here they are.

Attachments

• 100_0296_101.jpg
    100_0296_101.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 21
Bartletts Anthias. I also have a pink square anthias also

Attachments

• 100_0293_955.jpg
    100_0293_955.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 29
Thanks...I have been looking at the bartletts. The only problem is my tank is only 72g and I don't think suitable for them...oh well perhaps when the 500g super tank i'm planning comes together....

Back
Top Bottom