Tank is cycled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plexifan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So my tank has been up and running for just about 3 weeks, and over the last few days the ammonia and nitrite were barely reading. The spike of ammonia got to about 4ppm and the nitrite to about 5ppm, and the nitrate got to about 40ish ppm. Today everything is reading 0 all accross with ph at 8.2. i got a great deal of diatoms last week i vaccumed some of the top of the sand but I didnt touch the stuff on the rock. now its looking a different color, some parts of the brown stuff are turning white. how long should i wait untill i add some cleaner snails and crabs, i also really want a cleaner shrimp. the tank is about 50 to 60 gals i think, i did the calculations on measurements but since the tank is not squared its hard to get exact meassurements.

Attachments

• 2011-07-20_16-58-06_223 (1).jpg
    2011-07-20_16-58-06_223 (1).jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 89
What did you use for your ammonia source?

I'd say you can add your CuC.
But to ensure the bactieria you have established by doing your cycle stays alive, you need to keep feeding it ammonia. (dead raw shrimp, unscented ammonia or start stocking with fish).

Make sense?

Back
Top Bottom