Tank is Cycled any advise on stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Truupe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I have a 5 week cycled tank:
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:20
Alk: 180
PH:8.0
SG: 1.021

Here is a list of fish that if I could I would like to pick and choose from:

Tibicen Angelfish
Bicolor Angelfish
Lemonpeel Angelfish
Golden Semilarvatus Butterflyfish
Lemon Butterflyfish
Ocellaris Clownfish
Yellow Hawaiian Tang
Whitecheek Tang
Burgundy Sea Star

Keep in mind I don't want them all but of the list how many of each can I get away with? I currently have 2 Blue/yellow tail Damsels (that I am about to trade) one clown, 4 Turbo Snails and 3 Hermit Crabs

Also, with this set up any suggestions on multi test kit (easy to read)

55gal FOWLR Bak-Pak w/built in Skimmer, RENA FILSTAR XP3 CANISTER FILTER Coralife 2X65 Coralife Aqualight (130 Watt) 1X15 Coralife Bluelight 30 LBS of LR

Tibicen Angelfish
Bicolor Angelfish
Lemonpeel Angelfish
Golden Semilarvatus Butterflyfish
Lemon Butterflyfish
Ocellaris Clownfish
Yellow Hawaiian Tang
Whitecheek Tang
Burgundy Sea Star

--------------
one clown, 4 Turbo Snails and 3 Hermit Crabs

Also, with this set up any suggestions on multi test kit (easy to read)

55gal FOWLR Bak-Pak w/built in Skimmer, RENA FILSTAR XP3 CANISTER FILTER Coralife 2X65 Coralife Aqualight (130 Watt) 1X15 Coralife Bluelight 30 LBS of LR

First, you probably already know this..but a reminder. You dont want more than one angel in a tank. Sometimes you can get a dwarfs to coexsist, but its not the norm.

Butterfly's are considered "advanced" usually because they can be very delicate.

Tangs in a 55 are frowned upon. Even one in a 55 isnt good. They are sprinters and need 75-100gallons (when full grown) to be happy.

If it were me, I would put the clowns, one angel, and maybe a few anthias. If you havent looked at them, I would suggest it. Very colorful, perfect for the smaller tank, and relatively inexpensive. They are also very active and will school. However, I would caution that you research what kind your tank and skills can handle. A barlets anthias is very easily kept, but a purple queen requires live food several times a day.

JMO,

Squishy :)

Back
Top Bottom