Tank problems?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But what kind of inverts. What fish and what died? Also u should get ur salt level up

Two ocellaris clowns and green mandarin still alive had em two months. Inverts are hermits red legged turbo snails Astria snails nassarous or something like that emerald crab two cleaner shrimp. I read where my hydrometer reading is for 60 degree water said to add a few ppm for my tank temp 79 so by that info it is at 1.026. What is your opinion on the hydrometer reading? Fox face lo blue bar pseudo chromis and tiger tuka athia are what died. Had the fix face three weeks blue bat one week and tiger tuka one day. I think I killed the fox face by rearranging my rock.

U should be using an instant ocean hydrometer or a refractometer that's all I used no fancy formulas also if u added all the fish u got from the lfs at the same time that's not good either. If u acclimated them like u said u did then that could also play a part. The fish that are still alive could be hardier than the others. Inverts Like the ones u have in the tank are really Hardy as well it would take a lot for u to kill them

I added the two clowns then a week later the mandarin then waited a month and got the fox face the three weeks later I got the inverts blue bar and tiger tuka. I tried not to rush it but I may have still been too quick to add.

Yeah mine does too but I spawn my own copepods. Once established they are really Hardy fish

I would like to get a refugium for some pods but always scared to buy something different for fear of not knowing how to run it properly

LOL I know right. I use a 5 gallon bucket if 1.025 water an air pump and small air stone and some used filter material from the local PETCO and add some phytoplex once a day

Your salinity is 1.025 based on your temps. You probably have a high quality floating gauge hydro (based on the 60 deg cal temp) which is as accurate as anything including refractometer (which is why we use them in labs) as compared to the more common plastic cavity bulb hydrometers which are only good for throwing at squirrels and testing radiator fluids.
Use this for more accurate conversions
http://www.hamzasreef.com/Contents/Calculators/SalinityCorrection.php

Back
Top Bottom