Tank upgrade!! 8-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Ben! Yeah, if you want to use your old sand, rinse it really well with RODI water. If you use buckets, fill like a 1/3 with sand, water up to 2/3, and agitate it really well. Pour off the water and repeat until the water after agitation looks pretty clean.
You could also just use new sand, either way will work.
Congrats on the upgrade! Good luck with the transfer.

Nice thanks man! Turns out, the tank I was gonna pick up was scratched ridiculously... He said he has another one but the plastic trim is cracked so I dunno if it's worth it. Probably just gonna wait it out and see if I can get lucky... Disappointed though for sure.

Wow... sorry to hear that! It really blows, that he didn't mention that. At least you would have known what you were really looking at..
Well, keep looking, there are great deals out there from people getting out of the hobby. I picked up my 180, stand and 2-6' T5 lights (780 total watts), for $350!!! It didn't have any overflows or filtration, but was only 1 year old. Made my own overflows out of acrylic, and cost me about $750 for my filtration setup, but I could't refuse. Craigslist man...all the way!
Best of luck finding a great deal Ben!!

Ok stay posted everyone... The original 75 upgrade fell through because of the condition of it, but thanks to some paintball gear I have, there's another trade lined up. I'll be picking up my new tank this weekend :cool:

Here's a pic of my new stand, it's getting painted black, solid wood... Traded some old fish tank supplies for it...

image-3035706730.jpg

Benamayer said:
Ok stay posted everyone... The original 75 upgrade fell through because of the condition of it, but thanks to some paintball gear I have, there's another trade lined up. I'll be picking up my new tank this weekend :cool:

Here's a pic of my new stand, it's getting painted black, solid wood... Traded some old fish tank supplies for it...

Nice!! I like black better too. I want a bigger tank too!! You must have a lot of stuff tucked away in closets to be trading for all these things!! Lol :)

Ha! A lot of stuff tucked away is an understatement lol... It's all nice stuff too, just don't use it anymore, so if I can get something I DO use now, cool lets trade :cool:

So after severally trades went awry, I have decided that I need to buy a new tank. One of my LFS is a small place who sells used stuff, so I loaded up my car with all my old fish tank stuff, 10 gallon tank, miscellaneous fresh water decorations, crushed coral, lights, filters, etc. After everything was valued up, I scored a (used) solid wood stand that I will be painting black, and a new 75 gallon tank all for only $102. I was pleased considering all that stuff was in my attic... Plus he is going to deliver it to me for a small fee. So stay tuned folks, I can't wait to get everything transferred in a couple weeks. AND my coral beauty and pistol shrimp are at the other LFS waiting to come home when the 75 is set up :cool: have a good Sunday everyone... Go Pats!

Benamayer said:
So after severally trades went awry, I have decided that I need to buy a new tank. One of my LFS is a small place who sells used stuff, so I loaded up my car with all my old fish tank stuff, 10 gallon tank, miscellaneous fresh water decorations, crushed coral, lights, filters, etc. After everything was valued up, I scored a (used) solid wood stand that I will be painting black, and a new 75 gallon tank all for only $102. I was pleased considering all that stuff was in my attic... Plus he is going to deliver it to me for a small fee. So stay tuned folks, I can't wait to get everything transferred in a couple weeks. AND my coral beauty and pistol shrimp are at the other LFS waiting to come home when the 75 is set up :cool: have a good Sunday everyone... Go Pats!

Cant wait dude!! :)

Any recommendations on a dry sand for when I get this tank? I saw some Caribsea Argamax sugar size sand, but it said that it was really good for shallower sandbeds (1"), but my goal is to actually increase to about a 2.5-3" sandbed, and im just going to seed the dry sand with my current sandbed and liverock. Would this sand be any good for this? Or should I go another way? Thanks everyone...

New tank and stand should be getting delivered tonight! Cant wait... It's gonna be tough watching it sit til next week when I'll have time to transfer 8-(

Just got delivered. Obviously not in it's permanent place, but I wanted to put up a pic :cool: The stand is getting painted black, hopefully this week or next week, then the transfer begins!

image-703578362.jpg

Brand new tank, cost me some extra aquarium supplies I had kickin around and $102. Plus trading my 55 after the transfer.

Benamayer said:
Just got delivered. Obviously not in it's permanent place, but I wanted to put up a pic :cool: The stand is getting painted black, hopefully this week or next week, then the transfer begins!

Brand new tank, cost me some extra aquarium supplies I had kickin around and $102. Plus trading my 55 after the transfer.

Yeah! Just now seeing your new tank! Nice! Awww...PUPPY!!! Haha! That's cool!

nikki_kaiser said:
Yeah! Just now seeing your new tank! Nice! Awww...PUPPY!!! Haha! That's cool!

Thanks Nikki! Here's a better one of my pup and tank lol... Our other dog is sleeping so isn't in the pic :cool:

image-1610562980.jpg

Back
Top Bottom