Tank with no live rock ?'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XXFirefighter

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, the gold fish must go and I NEED salt !
I'm gonna put in 2 bags of the "live sand" and put in about 2 5 gallon buckets full of rock from the beach. I live 5 minutes away. Put on a few chromis. When I can afford the live rock, I'll take the rock and cycle it in a seperate container and then take the fish to the store to have him hold them for me untill the tank is back in the swing of things for the fish.
55 Gallon Tank
2 Maxi-Jets 1200's
1 Emperor 400
1 200 watt heater
Single flourcent buld, I forget the color temp.

I'll add a Aqua C Remora skimmer later with about 60 pounds of live rock. And a killer 260 watt light system when I can.
Thats all. Anything else? I'm just tired of the swimming rats... I need some color !

Thanks

XXFirefighter said:
and put in about 2 5 gallon buckets full of rock from the beach.
I would re-think this part. The rock from the beach area are most likley contaminated with pollutants and not a good choice for your tank. I would also be concerned about local collection laws.

The rest sounds fine for the most part but the HOB will not be that great when you start adding animals to the tank so the sooner you get the LR the better. Even if it's cheap base rock it will still help.

I hope you read the article on How to cycle your tank with out the use of fish.

Thats all. Anything else?
Test kits. Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph should get you started.

I'm just tired of the swimming rats... I need some color
LOL

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom