Tentative Stocking List...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Digger

Aquarium Advice Regular
... for my 125g FOWLR.

1. Three Lyretail Anthias (one male, two females)
2. Two Yellowhead Jawfishes
3. Two or Three Spotted Cardinalfish
4. Green Mandarin
5. Coral Beauty Angelfish
6. Yellow Tang
7. Powder Blue Tang

Definately not all at once :nono:.
Maybe not even all of these :ermm:.
Probably in that order :).

Suggestions?
Comments?

For the jawfish, make sure the sand depth is at least 3". Hopefully you the special feeding requirements of dragonets. Powder blue tangs can be pretty aggressive and 2 semi-aggressive tangs (that can get to a foot) in a 125 seems disastrous to me. Not only is it an ideal tank size for a tang, but the limited territory might magnify the powder blue's aggression toward the other fish. The yellow tangs seem less aggressive in most cases. Just my opinion...
Also a wrasse would add color and activity. Melanurus or Christmas wrasses are beautiful :).

Love my yellow headed jawfish!! So cute!! Put some shell fragments near the opening and they'll stack them up at the opening to the burrow. It's pretty cute. Mine even picks up snail shells and puts them there, once there was still a snail it it!! :) she goes around collecting things, kinda like the bag lady of the tank. Haha. At night she piles the shells up high and "closes the door" to the burrow. :) I've heard that 2 will "dance" together. That would be cute to see!!

I awas thinking the powder blue might not be a good fit. Maybe a regal tang instead, idk.

I agree with the powder blue potentially causing problems. I'm not a risk taker, so I would go with something else. I do like the wrasse idea. Lots of cool ones that would work in a 120g and they are cool to watch.

Back
Top Bottom