Test Kit help ASAP please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ComMizz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi i just bought a freshwater Master test kit by API. I decided to do away with my fresh water tank and just focus on my SW. I dont have any SW test kit but i was wondering if this FW kit i have would work in my SW.
It tests PH, High range PH, Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrates.

well what really is the difference. I looked online and i have all of the same exact bottles that come inside a SW kit and my color card looks like all of the SW ones

You just need the different cards to compare the colors to. They should have come with it i believe.

Mine came with just one card with all of the test colors on it. I looked on goodle images at a SW test card set and my cards all look pretty much the same as the ones on there.

"I keep reading the kits are the EXACT same chemicals but the cards are slightly different. Do you know if this is true or not. If so i will call them and ask them to send me the SW cards

I didn't see you got the FW master kit. But yea, they should be the same. I can post pictures of the SW cards later if you want to print them or something until they send you some.

Ok yeah that would be very helpful thanks. I don't get why everyone else got like seperate cards and they put all of mine on one card. Buy yeah if you can send me them pics that would be great. So that is true then. The tests for Nitrates, Nitrites, Ph, High range ph, and ammonia all are the same as the SW kit

Back
Top Bottom