Too much filtration?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abedawg83

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is there such a thing as this I have a 55g with 2 hang off the back aqueon 30 and a 55g API canister filter. Is that too much? Lol

There really is never an issue with overfiltation, the more you have the better the water clarity and the water flow. :)

You can keep one running in case of a need for an immediate QT, thats another good point of having two filters. :)

Hmm there's soo many fish I'd love to have myself....midas blenny, diamond goby. another royal gramma, cool clowns, maybe an anthias or a coral beauty...the list goes on and on lol

What do you like? Are you keeping corals or just fish?

Well I have the lighting for corals but for now just fish and maybe introduce some mushrooms or polyps later. There are so many fish out there but for this whole month I'm just going to research :)

Well I have the lighting for corals but for now just fish and maybe introduce some mushrooms or polyps later. There are so many fish out there but for this whole month I'm just going to research :)

You took all the fun out of if for Carey. :whistle: One of her favorite lines is "Do your research". hehehehe And from what I have seen, she is right. LOL

It's all about research. :)

And asking questions. I got burned on 2 fish cause I listened to the lfs people who of course were wrong...If repeating the mantra "research" "research" and more "research" can save one person from that happening to all the better. :)

Have you checked out Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums and Saltwater Reef Fish, Marine Fish, Reef Aquarium Coral, Saltwater Supplies & more - Aquatic Connection Live Both great sites for ideas. Aquacon is a bit off on their tank sizes and minimum requirements but they generally have fishon their site that are a bit out there that you dont' see very often. Like black ice clowns, LOVE them! lol

Don't take my word because I am very much a newbie but I say a "Fire Shrimp" yesterday and fell in love with it.

Yea I'm on live aquaria and for sure I want a clown maybe the black or yellow striped maroon clown. A yellow prawn goby looks nice but I want a "scary" feel to my tank lol like a snow flake eel or angler fish >:) lol but just ideas..

You'd have to make a decision then, happy fish or "predator" fish. I don't think the eel can go in with clowns, I'm sure someone keeps them together but I would be too scared. lol If you want scary you might be ok with the maroon clown, they are known to be more aggressive than regular oscellaris.

You could do lionfish then too I bet. They are really awesome looking but very scary. At least to me anyways lol

Good luck !

Back
Top Bottom