Two angel fish, Maybe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baron1282

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a Coral Beauty Angel fish. I was wondering if I could go with a Flame Angel in a 120 long tank. It's 5 foot by 18in wide. Do you think them two would get a long in such a big tank, or just stay away from the flame and any other angel fish.

I keep hearing two angel fish will fight regardless of being different looking.

I had a flame and a juvenile blue face angel in my 125, same exact size, and they never fought. however I too have heard that dwarf angels will fight.

I currently have a larger flame with a slightly smaller pygmy in a 210. For the most part the flame just chases the pygmy away from where ever he is. They have been in the same tank for 3 1/2 months and only chasing, no major fighting

I've heard of it working in larger tanks (240-300g), but I'm not sure I would try in less.

I plan to try for a Blue Face Angel and Multicolor Dwarf Angel with the Singapore Angel that came with my 240g tank. We will see how that goes...the Singapore looks so totally different than those Angels, I am hoping it will work.

I like the Singapore Angel. Maybe I should drop the flame and go with a different looking Angel all together. I talked to Liveaquaria because I plan on getting all my fish stock at once. They said with a 120 LONG tank, I should be good with any fish that would require a 125 gallon normally. I don't plan to add a LOT of fish to my current stock. I just want to add maybe 5 or 6 more fish. With an expection to about 6 chromis for a little school. So 10 fish all together!

Here is my current stock.

1. Yellow Eye Tang
1. Yellow Tang
1. Coral Beauty
1. Flame Hawk fish
1. Blue Spotted Puffer
1. Spiny Sea Urchin

I want to add:

1. Flame Angel, but might go with a Singapore Angel! That's a good suggestion! Or
maybe a Regal Angelfish. I am just worried two Angels will fight as that is what I
keep hearing.

1. Harlequin Tusk Fish.

1. Christmas Wrasse

1. One Spot Foxface

1. Striped Squirrelfish

I was also thinking about throwing in a school of Blue Green Reef Chromis and Lemon Chromis. I am just worried they would get eaten.

Back
Top Bottom