Update to live rock...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok to anyone who is following this thread you may have picked up on the fact that I move my
rock around, and yup did it again haha... I wanted to move 1 rock, and I had a vision... But I
think I finally will be happy with it now... Check it out, there's a TON of little caves (kinda hard to tell because the black background:

image-350227289.jpg

Attachments

• image-2074965086.jpg
    image-2074965086.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 76
  • image-50733839.jpg
    image-50733839.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 53
  • image-2584787883.jpg
    image-2584787883.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 64
I like it. Reminds me of the rockwork in my 55 reef. There are a ton of caves hidden away in mine as well. Sometimes I think I did too good of a job as it is hard to see some of my fish sometimes...

Haha thanks Snipes-a-lot! Funny because last week I added a 6 line and a threadfin anthias, and the 6 line disappeared for the rest of the night. I actually didn't see him til the next morning, I thought he made a jump for it!

So I just noticed this today on my rock today... Is it some sort of sponge or something?

image-228810414.jpg

Looks like a sponge to me. Also, good for the 6 line. It prob has itself a nice spot hidden away. I have trouble finding my mandarin with all the caves I have and recently painting the back of my glass black. If he's out of sight, I only know his general area because my indigo dottyback has ran protection for it since I introduced it into the tank. It's neat to see them sharing the dottyback's cave.

The rock looks awesome! What kind of power heads are you using? When I build caves etc, I feel like I don't have enough flow and I have three power heads. When you post your pics it makes me want to start over! LOL!

nikki_kaiser said:
The rock looks awesome! What kind of power heads are you using? When I build caves etc, I feel like I don't have enough flow and I have three power heads. When you post your pics it makes me want to start over! LOL!

3 power heads too! All Koralia, 1400 gph, 550 gph, and 450 gph. A good way to see your flow is to drop a pinch of sand in front of the power heads. With 3, I bet you have a lot more flow in the caves than you think...! :cool:

Plus as long as your caves aren't blocked by the front or back, you should be good!

The rock work looks really good! Lots of caves and hiding places. BTW, I like your bartletts anthias, I have one too- so pretty!! :)

Beengirl said:
The rock work looks really good! Lots of caves and hiding places. BTW, I like your bartletts anthias, I have one too- so pretty!! :)

Thanks! My fiancée was pushing for the anthias, I wanted a 6 line. We ended up with both :cool:

Back
Top Bottom