Updated BioCube 14 setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamesd28

Aquarium Advice Activist
I moved changed out some of the less dense rubble LR for the nice red piece and moved things around a little bit. Currently have the clown, 2 snails, 3 hermits and 1 cleaner shrimp. Adding a twin spot goby tomorrow and then hopefully a baby yellowtail blue damsel last.

Sorry for the crappy picture quality, it was taken with a bad camera. The inside of my glass is kind of dirty too. Do the magnetic cleaners do a good job of getting rid of the streaks/marks on the inside or are the just for getting algae off?

Let me know what you think of the rock work too :dance:

THANKS!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 131
In those two spots where you can see the stain-like stuff right near the rocks on both sides, no there is not room to get the mag float. I have a glass cleaning tool with a big head made of some type of rough blue material...kinda similar to the blue part of the filter pads, but rougher and that wont fit in those spots either. On both sides, the rock is pretty much directly up against the glass. I think the only way to clean those to spots would be with some type of wipe. Any ideas?

Move the rock so you can get in there? lol You;ll be cursing the algae that builds up, trust me. I have all 4 sides in my cube with enough room to do the glass AND the back.

Haha. If moving the rock is my only option then I guess I will try to make it work. I would have to create a different set up since that current one runs the entire length of my tank. Maybe a small razor blade can scrape that stuff off? I'm sure that would fit, just not a mag float or the big head on my cleaner with a handle

wow that is pretty thin! Might actually do the trick haha. Is that stuff on the sides just algae? or is it something else?

Probably just algae. That mag float is super tiny thin too it gets in alot of nooks and crannies. If you see one pick it up, wouldnt know what I;d have done in the pico without it.

Yeah I am definitely going to get one. Do they need to be replaced after a certain amount of time?

nope, just keep the scrubby thing that goes on the inside clean and youre set.
Mine used to collect alot of sand on it, but I used a very very fine black sand and it just got stuck in the scrubby things

Back
Top Bottom