Using seaweed on clip or Marine Grazer with starfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stan450z

Aquarium Advice Freak
Wondering if anybody else has this issue. So I use different kinds of food but when I use seaweed on a clip I can guarantee that in a few hours my starfish will find it and cover it up. Hog all the food. Same with marine grazer. I don't mind frozen food and pellets but I feel like these are cleaner methods keeping food in one place and better for the fish to eat throughout the day rather than all at once - until my starfish get to it. Kind of funny if you ask me and my fish look very healthy so I don't think it's too bad but that starfish is going to one obese starfish soon lol.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1454040821.151687.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I used to have same issue. I would put broccoli sprouts on a clip for my tangs and the stars would find it sooner or later despite me moving it around.

I don't want to be put on a clip :D
I used to have the same kind of problem I used to put several clips around the tank to stop it . Than thinking about it since I'm a big macro junkie I added lots of macro's that I planted and like to grow , I no longer have the issues that my herbivores don't have any plant like macros to eat , I have all my macro's mounted on rocks and buried in the sand
they attach to the rocks over time and grow some what fast they do need grooming once in a while but that's part of the husbandry of the tank , keeping several different macro plants around the tank gives the fish some variety , not only does it help keep the nutrients in check they look good and the fish get different snacks to choose from ,
at first when I started out the tank looked horrible after lots of trimming and rearranging things came along after around 6 months , it takes time and patients to get things right ,
this was one of my very first macro tanks after many months of grooming
60069-albums10534-picture64399.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. It's getting really frustrating. The starfish just consumes the marine grazer within a couple hours. Going to just start feeding regular frozen food now.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom