Vinyl tubing keeps coming loose! ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VinnyLLU

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey peeps, I need some help here. My vinyl tubing keeps detaching itself from my rio 2500 submersible pump. This is the first time, and it's becoming quite irritating to say the least.... And creates a huge mess.

Furthermore, there is a great deal of white, slimy buildup in the tubing that makes its way into the tank.

I've thought about doing a zip tie where the hose connects to the pump, but was interested in knowing if anyone else has any better suggestions??

I would look for plastic hose clamps. Should be able to find them online or at a local hardware and/or plumbing supply store.
NZKSvAv.jpg

Squeeze to tighten; twist sideways to release.

When I had a canister I would see the same buildup in the tubing and after restarting the pump, some of it would get pushed into the tank. Not sure what you can do aside from periodically removing it and running hot water or a pipe cleaner through it.

Ok nice! Thank you... I thought about the hose clamps too, but I could only find metal ones. I did not get them due to the possibility of rust...

Ok nice! Thank you... I thought about the hose clamps too, but I could only find metal ones. I did not get them due to the possibility of rust...

I could be wrong but I believe those clamps are stainless steel, which will not rust.

I use metal hose clamps and they do in fact rust, but Ihave not had any issues with them. Worse case scenario you replace them every 6 months, they are like 50 cents a piece. lol

Usually put a stocking over the outlet back into the tank before turning the pump on. It will catch everything instead of going into tank. Works great.

I could be wrong but I believe those clamps are stainless steel, which will not rust.

I did a google search for plastic hose clips and the ones depicted were being sold by drs foster & smith. Probably more commonly seen in the white plastic version.

Back
Top Bottom