Volitan Lionfish feeding question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

klementovicz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Recently purchased my first Volitan Lionfish. It has been 4 days now and he refuses to take any food i offer him. I have tried frozen krill, mysis, brine, silversides. At first i would drop food in near him and he wanted nothing to do with it. I got a set of feeder tongs and tried waving it near him and still nothing. I know he is eating because i see him picking at the sand probably getting some hitch hikers. I am trying to stay away from live food if possible but it may be my only solution. Last night i spent a half hour trying to get him to eat. I know they are hardy fish but how long is to long before i dump live in there. I have read posts in the forums and i am trying everything in there. If there is someone with some experience that can shed some light on what i am doing wrong i would really appreciate it. Thanks

Yeah I think at this point it will be anything live that fits in his mouth. He wants nothing to do with frozen. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom