want to buy new live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevefromga2000

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a little bit of live rock right now, not sure exactly how much weight because i pay per rock instead of per pound, but i want to get more. the next one i want to get with a giant feather duster on it. the rocks are about $25 a piece, and then the giant feather duster is about the same. before i go and spend that money on the creature, is there anything in specific that i need to do or know before hand? do i need any kinds of lighting, or a certain kind of food or anything? any kinds of info would help and be appreciated. thanks

You will need some plankton for the feather duster. They are filter feeders.

my LFS is very limited here. as you can imagine, the building itself is very tiny. all of the ones that i see are already attached to the rocks. it has happened before that i have wanted a rock, but there was one attached to it and the guy tried to get it off before i had decided to just get a different rock.

What kind of lighting requirements do feather dusters have? I am using NO flourescent, will that work or do you need something stronger?

Back
Top Bottom