was wondering right now am I over stocked and if I am should I be running to the fis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

styles215

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just posted a topic regarding getting a bigger tank.. And was wondering right now am I over stocked and if I am should I be running to the fish store and buying me a bigger aquariums.. Right now my nitrate, nitrite, am, is all at 0 and seems to be doing good for the last passed week or 2.. I have a 125g well established tank with min. Rock.. I have a engineer goby 4in, banded cat that just hatched5-6in , marine betta 1.5 in, hawkfish 2in, and a greenbird wrasse 4-5in.. Am I okay for now.. Till about X-mas

The banded catshark needs a much bigger tank.. I ask that you re-home him, it would be a win-win situation.

How many pounds of rock do you have when you say "min. Live rock"?

Really another one of these threads? You had like 3 of then a couple months ago where everyone told you your over stocked, and you still are

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey man .. It was no need for you to reply saying that.. I kno what I've done and I got rid of a lot of fish.. I feel like I'm not over cuz I'm having success.. Thanks for wasting my time and yours

Really another one of these threads? You had like 3 of then a couple months ago where everyone told you your over stocked, and you still are

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ultimately, BigRed is right. I didn't go and look back or remember all of those threads.
You shouldn't be keeping that shark in this tank, especially because it isn't round.
I'm sorry to say, but nobody will want to help you if you don't listen to us.

I understand what you saying. But I had already had the shark egg so I wasn't just going to get rid of it that's why I got rid of a lot of the other fish.. Like all my tang.. And that's why I'm trying to upgrade my tank.. I'm just asking with all my fish being small do I have atleast by the end of the year "4months" to keep the ones have now housed in my 225

I still wouldn't be keeping the shark, even in a bigger tank if it wasn't made specifically for a shark. When you got "rid of" fish, the shark should have been the first to go.
Also, the end of the year is 6 months, not four. :)

Now if you were actually trying to help all you have to is "if you getting a big tank make sure it's round for the shark"

And many people have sharks in Rectangle tank.. 2-3 of them.. And has had then For years..

Now if you were actually trying to help all you have to is "if you getting a big tank make sure it's round for the shark"

I'd have to look back in your other threads but I'm quite sure that's what I pointed out when you first asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

And many people have sharks in Rectangle tank.. 2-3 of them.. And has had then For years..

While this is quite true, you're probably referring to people that didn't join a forum 3 months ago and have a very solid knowledge base and background in the hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

I might not be very experience in the knowledge of sharks but even when I was over stocked I never had a problem with my fish. I care n do anything necessary to keep my tank up and running at its best.. I don't have fish dying on me on my nitrate doesn't reach anything over 5ppm mostly staying at 0ppm my amm is staying low.. Never had a fish stressed out or ick in my tank.. I've been into saltwater for awhile now bout 3-4 years.. Starting at a 30g .. Yea I do maybe overstock my tank.. Lol it's just soooo much fish I want.. So when I get this tank it's just going to b a species only.. Stingray, sharks. Things like that and ima work on getting all the fish i want between the 125g and 75g that I have.. I have a plan just making a few adjustment along the way

Ok I see you did.. My home just isn't made for a round tank .. Could I get away with a bow shape tank..? It would be very better for my house format

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom