Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cb24

Aquarium Advice Freak
Do you need to use ro water for a fowlr tank? Or can you get away with regular water from the hose? With like chemicals

You may experience algae problems using regular water. Even with fish only there are repercussions to using tap water. I use ro/di water even in my fish only tanks, just makes things easier. Like mentioned above you can get it from the big vending machines you see at places like walmart.

You may experience algae problems using regular water. Even with fish only there are repercussions to using tap water. I use ro/di water even in my fish only tanks, just makes things easier. Like mentioned above you can get it from the big vending machines you see at places like walmart.
+1. youll more than likely be battling a never-ending algae issue. switching over to rodi water was prob the best thing ive done in terms of maintaince

In a few communities the water is pure enough to get away with it, but in most cases you are far safer starting with water you know is pure.

I'm thinking of buying one does anyone have any recommendations?

Ilike my bulk reef supply unit. It was $180 but it has all the bells and whistles. lol You can get a unit from them for maybe $150.

I dont know the tank size you are going with but if its small you can also try this:

0ppm Portable 50 GPD Reverse Osmosis Ro Di Filtration | eBay

The same seller also has larger units that produce water faster than 50 gpd. I had one of the ebay ones and used it for over a year and it worked just fine.

pretty much any of BRS units have the capability to connect to a faucet. i believe they ship with a nifty little adapter piece that screws onto the end of your faucet in place of the mesh screen. it has a t split on it with a valve to control the flow.

On the one that person posted would I need to buy anything extra? Or does everything I need come with it

The one on ebay you just specify in the notes section which adaptor you would like. The BRS ones come with all the possible adapters.

I bought the product that someone mentioned earlier in this thread but when I go to use it, it never works. It seems like water flows into the system but water never flows out of the red or blue tubes. Has anyone else had these problems? Or could help me? Thanks

I bought the product that someone mentioned earlier in this thread but when I go to use it, it never works. It seems like water flows into the system but water never flows out of the red or blue tubes. Has anyone else had these problems? Or could help me? Thanks

If it is the BRS rodi filter. The red tube is the inlet. The pure water comes out the blue and the black is waste.

Ya I understand that part but no water goes through the system at all

It seems like water flows into the system but water never flows out of the red or blue tubes.

The reason I mentioned the tube color is when I read this it seemed as though you had the black hooked up to the inlet since you said water wasn't coming out the red. It should be going in the red.

Back
Top Bottom