water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a 75 gallon comm tank,around two and ahalf months cycling,i only have a dart fish in there and my water is crystal clear and tested everything and it's all perfect.my question is with such a big tank and such a little fish when should i change the water(partial)she i just keep testing maybe twice a week to make sure everything is ok?

i have a 75 gallon comm tank,around two and ahalf months cycling,i only have a dart fish in there and my water is crystal clear and tested everything and it's all perfect.my question is with such a big tank and such a little fish when should i change the water(partial)she i just keep testing maybe twice a week to make sure everything is ok?
my filters are pretty clean and my last water change was two weeks ago

Doing a water change is pretty much mandatory. Let's say you buy a bottle of pop and leave the cap off, two weeks later it will still taste like pop just flat. Same thing goes for water changes, they introduce brand new oxygen into the water.

Closetcanibal said:
Doing a water change is pretty much mandatory. Let's say you buy a bottle of pop and leave the cap off, two weeks later it will still taste like pop just flat. Same thing goes for water changes, they introduce brand new oxygen into the water.

I'll give ya another analogy. Think about sitting in a small room with all the windows closed and no vents for months. How great would it feel to open all the windows and turn on the fans. Fish coral and anything in your tank will always benefit from water changing. Always change every 2 weeks. There really isnt any reason to not change.

i dont think i'll have to do a change cause this lion fish will'nt eat.the pet store dont have live shrimp and i have a fire fish he dont even mess with

Mpfaff77 said:
I'll give ya another analogy. Think about sitting in a small room with all the windows closed and no vents for months. How great would it feel to open all the windows and turn on the fans. Fish coral and anything in your tank will always benefit from water changing. Always change every 2 weeks. There really isnt any reason to not change.

Yeah, being closed up in a room with no toilet.

Back
Top Bottom