Water Storage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FreezeFins

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone know of any articles related to preparing and storing water to have ready for partial water changes?:nono:

I have been storing pre-made water in a 50 Gal rubbermade trash can that I bought strictly to store water run through my RO/DI filter. I added instant ocean mix and have the specivic gravity at 1.025. The water has been stored that way for close to thirty days. Do I need to aerate the water before adding to my tank, and if so for how long?

I was told that you can only keep it for about a week with some movement going through it but please someone correct me if I'm wrong

I was curious, because I have seen the 5 gallon containers of seawater on the shelf at petsmart and petco. I was wondering if anyone uses that, and how long those might be sitting on the shelf.

I wouldn't bother adding any salt until your ready to do a pwc if your not going to use 50g at one go,If you keep it too long in a container the evaporation will adjust the salinity,I normally keep enough saltwater for 2 pwc's,just in case i need some in an emergency.

Back
Top Bottom