Weird white stuff on my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamsound1

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a weird white stuff all over my glass on my fish tank what do think it is? please help

image-1882928548.jpg

Dreamsound1 said:
I have a weird white stuff all over my glass on my fish tank what do think it is? please help

Not really sure. Have you tried using your mag float or whatever you use. Looks like maybe just buildup of some kind. Kinda looks like my freshwater tank after a water change.

Did you just set that tank up? It does look like build up, and it reminds me of new substrate, while it settles, and at the end it looks like a baby powder bomb went off! Lol

Yeah cause I tried my bristle sponge that I use on my 43 gallon and it's not coming off at all. Cause the tank was cycled for 3 weeks and I just put a seahorse in today and had a live rock in there for a few days

Looking closer I see what you mean. What did you originally clean that tank with, prior to setting it up? Looks almost like a residue left buy a cleaner. But I kind of doubt it, because then I am almost sure it would kill off anything in the tank. Hmmmm?????

Yeah but I don't use anything on the inside at all just my sponge brush to clean the residue off the inside for when it fogged up every time that's it

Dreamsound1 said:
Yeah but I don't use anything on the inside at all just my sponge brush to clean the residue off the inside for when it fogged up every time that's it

I had that issue once so I added a power head after I scraped it off (they make really sharp plastic pieces for that stuff) and pointed it up so i have a lot of agitation at the top if my tank and I've not had much issue since. Not sure if its the same gunk that was on mine though.

Well I showed the picture to LFS store and they said it's the from the ph buffer that I had to put in so I could raise the ph level and so they told me to just use a razor blade and it will come off and thank you for all your guys and gal help

Well I got all the white stuff off inside my tank and it was from the ph buffer and I had to use a razor blade to scrape it off

Back
Top Bottom